As with every year on this day it is a chance to really reflect on what we have to be thankful for. I try to always remember to give God thanks each and every day for my blessings. It is easy to be generically thankful. Lord I'm thankful for all my blessings.
I've been thinking of the specific things I'm thankful for. Yes, some are material things, but I'm still thankful for those material things because some make my life easier, some are fun, and some are just pleasing to look at.
Below is my list. What are you thankful for?
With love and blessings on this special day.
My list of blessings I'm so thankful for.
- That Jesus died on the cross to erase our sins and give us everlasting life.
- My dear sweet husband Mike.
- My three beautiful children.
- My extended family.
- My friends.
- My internet and blogging friends. (That's YOU!)
- That Mike has a good job.
- Our home.
- My backyardand garden. (I love spending time outdoors)
- My health.
- Our vehicles.
- Our church and church family.
- My computer and the internet (I learn so much here)
- Our library.
- That I know how to cook.
- That all my shopping and errands are only 10 minutes from home.
- My neighbors.
- Food to eat.
- That we have medicine for many of our ailments.
- Comfortable and warm clothing.
- Our onery yet very loving beagle Cindy.
- Online schooling for my children so they can be home with me.
- Pretty flowers
- Airplanes and Amtrak
- Duct tape
- My list keeps going on but I figure after saying duct tape that you will think I'm just being silly. I really am thankful for all the small things in life, even duct tape. I'm thankful for the person who invented it. One time I was able to hold my car together and drive it home just because of it!
Have a blessed Thanksgiving,